If you’re lucky enough to live in a part of the world that has autumn, you’ll understand the joy and excitement this time of year has to offer. After summer, autumn is my favourite times of the year. I seem to always have a burst of energy and inspiration around October and November. This is where I take time out to review and reflect on life and business.
Each season brings with it a particular essence, and energy that deserves to be celebrated, both at home and in business. Before we delve into seasonal branding for Autumn, I would recommend reading – How to Capture The Spirit of The Seasons to Tell A Captivating Brand Story All Year Round It explains what seasonal branding is, why it’s important to create seasonal content, without losing sight of your brand’s identity and what it stands for.
Capturing Autumn’s Personality
When a new season turns we see the world in a different light. It’s a time of year that’s filled with a particular hum of energy that prepares us for the colder months ahead.
The heart and soul of autumn have a strong sense of maturity, and a connection to nature. This is where knowing your brand’s core personality lies. Like I mentioned in the introduction post it’s worth have a popular character in mind that you think your brand is similar to, how would they celebrate autumn? For example, how would Kate Middleton dress and respond to the season differently compared to Beyonce, both have strong personal identities in their own right.
Burnt warm earthy colours are associated with autumn. Think rich mocha browns, beiges, and warm hues. Below I have provided an example of an Autumnal palette to help get your juices going.
Autumn Photography for Beautiful Content
When it comes to evoking a sense of autumn, beautiful photography is a must!
Autumn images should consist of warm earthy hues that add depth to your brand. Here are some ideas to play around with to visualise autumn in your content:
- Cozy textures
- Scenes of warmth and comfort – Find props to add that are associated with autumn such as fairy lights, chestnuts, blankets, and candles.
- Outdoor/woodland landscapes that capture the season’s magic
- Play with warm filters
- Leaf-filled paths and roads – A wonderful visual to support an insightful quote.
Seasonal ideas to celebrate in Autumn
The obvious one is Halloween and bon fire-night. below I’ve listed of notable days that are worthy of celebrating in your own unique way and build excitement and awareness around your brand and keep ahead of trending topics.
- Halloween (31st Oct) – Such a great way to have so much fun with your branding and build awareness about your brand. It will also do wonders for your SEO if you theme your content on what’s trending on the lead up to this festival.
- Autumn Rituals – Does your business’s routines change with the seasons? Does it mean you grab a warm pumpkin spiced latte for everyone before you get to the office? Paint the walls or dress your shop window? Does where you do business change? Share BTS (behind the scenes events with your audience to make them feel apart of the story. If you’re a personal brand share your long woodland walks with the dog or cosying up on the sofa to watch an old movie.
- Bonfire Night – 5th Nov (For those living in the UK) – Who doesn’t love a good bonfire! Like Halloween, have fun with it, create a challenge, launch a mid-night sale or simply share a quote from Guy Fawkes himself.
A note on Halloween: Many focus heavily on Halloween, and this makes sense as it caters to consumer trends but remember to consider if it’s appropriate/expected for your brand to take a fun/quirky approach or a more sophisticated/romantic style.
Words that captivate, to use in your content
Tone of voice places a key role in communicating your message and capturing the essence of your brand and autumn. Here are some keywords to make people feel warm and fuzzy inside and excite the magic of autumn.
Above all tell a story
In a nutshell, branding is storytelling and magic. It’s about painting a picture of your world and captivating your audience to feel a part of something unique. Have fun with autumn, it truly is one of the most beautiful seasons.